Friday, June 19, 2009

Sydney"s Arrival!


Sydney joined the family on June 13th, 2009 at 9:25 am. I started having contractions around 3:30 in the morning and was not sure if it was the real deal or not. I stayed in bed until about 4:30 watching the clock. The contractions had been right at 5 to 6 minutes apart for the entire hour. Then I got up to see if being active would make them worse or not. I did a couple of loads of laundry, swept the kitchen floor, emptied the dish washer, and took a shower. Around 5:30 I decided maybe I should call the hospital and see if I should come in. The contractions were then about 3 to 5 minutes apart. I woke Seth up and we got Madalene ready and headed to the hospital. We stopped at McDonald's in town to get breakfast for Madalene and Seth. It was 6:03 on the clock in the car and nobody was answering at the drive thru. I thought Seth was going to hurt someone. We drove up to the window and he asked what time do you open they said 6 and he pointed at the clock that said 6:03. The women looked at him like he was crazy and shrugged her shoulders. We then went on to South Hill (where the hospital is) and got them a biscuit from Hardees and continued on. The whole time Seth still is not sure that this is the real deal because I was cleaning and not dying of pain!!!!! Before we left the house he asked "if you are in labor how come you are cleaning and not resting?" I did not have a good answer for him, other than the cleaning helped take my mind off the contractions. When we arrived at the hospital it was 6:40 am and I was dilated to a 6 almost a 7. Then we knew it was the real deal. I was able to use the labor pool, which helped tremendously with the pain. Then at 9:25 Sydney graced us with her presence. We were at the hospital all of 2hrs and 45 minutes. Sydney was 9lbs 11oz and 22 1/2 inches long.




Sydney was very animated today. She showed lots of expression and of course Madalene could not be left out on the action.












2 comments:

The Vaughns said...

SO SWEET!!!!

I know I probably won't get to hold her until September, but I am ready!!

Hope you all are doing well.

Cindy said...

Janice, you didn't have to wait until Sept. after all. We're so sad that Seth & Christina moved Madalene & Sydney to OK, but are happy for you.

Please post updated photos often, Christina. We miss the girls so much. Good luck finding jobs & a house.

Love,
Grandma C